How to Obtain a Work Permit
To obtain a work permit, you will need to bring the following:
1. Minor's birth certificate, or baptismal record, or driver's license, or passport, or ID issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
2. Minor's social security card.
3. Letter of intent to hire from the employer. Must be on letterhead and include job duties and hours of work.
4. Written consent from minor's parent or guardian.
5. $10.00 permit fee. Employer must reimburse the $10.00 fee to the minor no later than the date of the first paycheck.
For more information please click the Work Permit link on the left side of the page